Prior to starting MBCB, Sean was a litigation partner at Barnes & Thornburg LLP’s Indianapolis office where he worked from 2007 through 2014. Before joining Barnes & Thornburg LLP, Sean practiced as commercial litigator at Sidley Austin LLP in Chicago from 2002 to 2007.
At both firms and in multiple jurisdictions, Sean handled a wide array of complex commercial and product disputes from pre-suit negotiation and investigation to judgment and through the appellate process.
To name a few, Sean has represented:
- international medical products manufacturers in multi-million dollar product liability suits;
- significant commercial clients in complex disputes involving allegations of fraud, breach of contract, theft of trade secrets, and product failures;
- individuals and businesses in multi-million dollar insurance coverage disputes;
- property owners in environmental contamination matters; and
Sean has litigated:
- putative class action claims brought against national credit card providers, international oil companies, and international manufacturers;
- complex, high-profile construction disputes;
- significant personal injury claims; and
- alleged violations of non-compete agreements.
Despite his emphasis on significant commercial cases, he enjoys and effectively litigates issues of all shapes and sizes for both business and individuals. He litigated several business separation cases as both plaintiff and defendant with success, and represented individuals in will and trust contests, small property boundary conflicts, and minor contract disputes.
Regardless of the case, Sean focuses on identifying client needs and interests and developing creative strategies to achieve these goals in a cost-effective, streamlined manner. Sean recognizes the importance of being both a counselor and aggressive advocate for his clients, prides himself on being hyper-responsive to client requests, and treats every case like it is his own.
Sean is a graduate of the University of Illinois College of Law, where he served as a Symposium Editor for the Illinois Law Review. He graduated sixth in his class and was recognized as a member of the Order of the Coif.
Sean has practiced extensively in Indiana and Illinois state and federal courts and has argued before multiple appellate panels, including the Seventh Circuit. Sean coaches his sons in multiple sports and enjoys working with kids to develop self-esteem and sportsmanship. He is also a veteran having served in the United States Army Reserve as a medic.
You may send your inquiry to Sean below, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or you may call him at 317.614.7324. Please note, contacting Sean via any of these methods does not establish an attorney client relationship.